- Introduction to the GDPR
- Key GDPR terminology
- An introduction to the GDPR’s structure - the legal articles and recitals
- Main differences between the Data Protection Act and the EU GDPR
- Essential EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Background & Terminology
- The Six Data Protection Principles
- Special Categories of Personal Data
After Lunch Break
- The Rights of Data Subjects, Including Data Access Requests
- Controllers & Processors
- Data Protection by Design
- Securing Personal Data
- Reporting Data Breaches
- How to Perform a Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA)
- The Role of the Data Protection Officer (DPO)
- Transferring Personal Data outside the EU
- The Powers of Supervisory Authorities
- What constitutes personal data
- Lessons to be learnt from common data security failures
- The six data protection principles - how to apply them and demonstrate compliance
- Security of personal data
- Legal requirements for a DPIA (Data Protection Impact Assessment)
- How to conduct a DPIA with a DPIA tool.
After Lunch Break:
- Why and how to conduct a data mapping exercise
- The rights of data subjects
- Giving and withdrawing consent
- Handling data subject access requests
- Roles of, and relationships between, controllers and processors
- Transferring personal data outside the EU, and the mechanisms for compliance
- How to prepare for GDPR compliance using a compliance gap assessment tool.
- Knowledge Check & Certification.
Mr. Narendra Sahoo
ü Designation: Director
ü Certifications: PCI QSA, CISSP, CISA, CRISC, ISO27001 / ISO20000 / BS25999 Assessor
ü Organisation: VISTA InfoSec
ü Experience: 24+ Years
Narendra Sahoo has a diverse background and versatility in training across verticals ranging from Government/PSU, BFSI, Pharmaceuticals, Manufacturing, and ITES enables him to tap on a plethora of experiences in sharing, connecting and engaging with people.
Known in the industry for his acumen and insight into Information risk compliance and has worked on PCI, ISO27001, IT Risk Management and GRC projects for some of the largest companies in India and overseas including payment gateways and banks, he injects a catalytic blend of positive energy and resonant experiences throughout his trainings. Passionate about making a difference, Mr. Sahoo believes in the power of experiences in inspiring transformations. He envisions training and development as a platform for every person to discover the limits of their potential and exceed them.
Mr.Sahoo’s niches lies in training where he dedicates himself to molding vibrant leaders in the field of compliance who believe they can make the world a better place through their active contribution. His mantra is that the greatest training programmes build a safe and conducive learning environment that empowers participants to authentically discover new learning every time.
As a trainer and facilitator, he infuses his trainings with sincerity, dynamism and spurring learners to go the distance in realizing their truest best selves. Besides being an adept trainer, Narendra Sahoo is also the Founder & Director of VISTA InfoSec, a vendor neutral consulting organization providing niche area Information Risk Compliance and Network Advisory Services.
In his 24 years of progressive experience in the I.T. industry which includes a hybrid experience in Information Risk Consulting, Security audits, Designing and implementing security and network solutions and programming
- ISO 27001
- ISO 22301
- PCI DSS
- Local and International Infosec Regulations
- PCI QSA, CISSP, CISA, CRISC, ISO27001 / ISO20000 / BS25999 Assessor
- “Crest of Honor” by the Indian Navy for his contributions
- Inducted into the CSI – Hall of Fame for his significant contributions to the fraternity.
Contact for Registration
Registration Fees / Terms and Conditions
Harsh Mane @
CSI Mumbai Chapter
E-217, 2nd Floor, Floral Deck Plaza, MIDC, Near Sunrise Tower, Andheri East, Mumbai – 400093
Tel:022 28235476 / 28235548 / 28235546
Mobile 9819089527, 9768550926
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- CSI Members Rs. 14160/- Per Participant including GST
- Non CSI Member Rs. 16520/-
Per Participant including GST
- Group discount is available for minimum 5 number of registration.
- The cheque / DD in favour of "CSI Mumbai Chapter" Payable at Mumbai.
- The mentioned fees are inclusive of all taxes and charges.
- Registration fees covers courseware, lunch, Tea/Coffee and CSI Certificate.
- Non CSI Member can avail discount in fees by becoming member of the society for details visit http://www.csi-india.org
- Payment is to be made in favour of “CSI Mumbai Chapter”, A/c No. 10606576641 payable at State Bank of India, MIDC, Andheri East, Branch, Mumbai-400 093, RTGS/NEFT Code: SBIN0007074, (All Major VISA / Master Credit / Debit cards will be accepted.
Participation only through advance registration, (Batch size 20 participants only)
Note - Out station participants need to confirm at least 5 days prior to the commencement of the training
This mail is not spam mail and is a genuine communication from Computer Society of India (CSI) Mumbai Chapter to its members and other IT Professionals to inform them about the forthcoming event. If you feel that this mail should not have been sent to you or you want similar communication to be sent to your different e-mail address, please reply to this mail and specify it in the message