|What is SPIN?
Software Process Improvement Network (SPIN) is an organization of software professionals in a given geographical area who are interested in software process improvement.
SPIN (Mumbai) Mission Statement :
To make Indian Software Industry globally competitive in producing world class quality software by continuously improving the productivity and quality through software process improvements.
SPIN Objectives :
- Constitute and manage SPIN through a capable, resourceful and motivated Steering Committee.
- Contributing to Educational Institutes
- Forming SIGs - Special Interest Groups
- Conduct Training Programs
- Conduct Public Seminar for the knowledge dissemination
- Publish Articles on Best Practices and Experiences
- Promote and publish SPIN activities using SPIN Website, CSI newsletter and other identified medium
- Inducting new members in SPIN
- Conduct a SPIN conference once a year.
Spectrum Of Activities
- Monthly meetings of Software Engineering and Quality professionals for exchange and sharing ideas, experiences, common problems and solutions .
- Industry sponsored SPIN meetings
- Special SPIN meetings for technical and managerial talks by Indian and foreign experts
- Conferences / Seminars
- Interaction with other SPIN bodies and organizations with similar interests
- Dissemination of software process information and knowledge through library, web-based repository, newsletters, electronic media, books, leaflets, brochures etc.